Check out our guide on everything you need to know about Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida + a directory of our favorites for your elopement!
If you want to elope in Florida or have a small, intimate wedding, you might envision white sand beaches, historic towns, beautiful gardens and more; but have you given any thought to venues? One of the most luxurious and comfortable wedding venues for a small wedding or elopement can be an Airbnb or VRBO.
If you’re looking at a small & intimate wedding, Airbnbs & VRBOs offer many benefits beyond traditional wedding venues. If you love the idea of an intimate wedding in Florida but don’t know where to start, this is your essential guide to what you need to know, and a collection of Airbnb wedding venues in Florida. Start here (and bookmark this page for later too)!
One of the things we love the most about helping couples plan their wedding day at an Airbnb is how convenient and private it makes the day for you. If this sounds like your kind of wedding experience, keep reading … we’re here to help you learn the ins and outs of having your wedding ceremony at an Airbnb in Florida.
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Important things to Consider
While we have some examples below of Airbnbs wedding venues which can accommodate many guests, most are best suited to an intimate wedding or elopement with less than thirty guests. You’ll have even more selection of properties if you can keep your guest count within the official number that the home accommodates, as many hosts are restricted by the amount allowed on site by local ordinances or physical restrictions like parking & septic capacity.
Many couples choose an elopement or intimate wedding over a traditional venue for the reduced cost and intimate setting. In our opinion, traditional venues are designed to only be a temporary experience … you’re renting the space for a number of hours and then the experience is over. Getting married at an Airbnb offers a way to save the cost of a big wedding and have an extended experience!
When choosing an Airbnb wedding venue in Florida for your day, the right place will feel like your own private vacation home, or even like a resort! Imagine the fun of spending a few days together with just the two of you, or with your family and close friends nearby. Enjoy time on the beach, relaxing in the pool … all at the place where you will celebrate your wedding!
More on this later, but don’t immediately assume that renting an Airbnb as a wedding venue means planning your own wedding becomes easier. In fact, it can have some complexities because Airbnb hosts are not venue owners; they don’t know the ins and outs of planning a wedding and aren’t usually versed in things like helping you with vendors or setup or anything like that. We have planned and coordinated many Airbnb weddings and are here to help you create the personalized day you’re looking for!
How Storybright Helps You With an Airbnb Wedding
While we are known for our planning expertise & photography of adventure elopements, we also love to help craft small weddings at an Airbnb! Here are some ways we help you plan and create your perfect day.
- Getting married at an Airbnb wedding venue in Florida has significantly increased in popularity, so you must plan well ahead for your wedding day. Combining your venue with a place to stay is a great way to save on the expense of a big wedding, and to have a personalized experience … but the secret is out! That means it takes a lot more effort & advanced planning than years prior to find the right Airbnb that will allow a wedding. We help you shop for the right property for your needs, that will photograph well, and to help you think through every detail of the day. We are Airbnb hosts ourselves and we know the ins and outs of booking a place as your wedding venue!
- Use our experiences as planners and Airbnb hosts to your advantage. We have helped couples all over the Southeast elope in the great outdoors and/or plan a beautiful wedding day at a vacation rental. We also are hosts ourselves (we own a mountain cabin in North Carolina) and know what the “other side” looks like as a host. We’ve helped couples negotiate with hosts who say “no events allowed” on the listing, to instead agree to allowing a small wedding on site. We are here to help you throughout the entire process!
- We’re here to help you with every aspect of planning your day. Need local vendors for hair and make-up, private chef services or more? We’ve got you covered. Looking for nearby activities to enjoy while you’re in the area? That’s what we’re here for and more!
- We help you get the most out of your wedding budget by helping you choose the best time of year for an Airbnb wedding. For example, you might initially have a fall wedding in mind for mild weather, but often you can save on the rates by choosing a shoulder season – plus you can escape the rush of tourists this way too! We have insight into peak season rates as hosts and we can help you shop for deals on high end properties!
- If your plans include a ceremony on public lands, it may require a wedding permit. We can help with that, too! You might want to rent an Airbnb for a reception but have your ceremony on National Park or State Park lands, or on a public beach. Usually these require permits and we know the process so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Any outdoor wedding is subject to weather. We will have a backup plan if the weather doesn’t cooperate! Choosing the right Airbnb property for your wedding is a key part of this backup plan and we have lots of tips to share with you!
General Things To Know About choosing from Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida
As you think through what you want your wedding to look like, some particulars need close attention. If you’re going at this alone, you’ll have to make sure you handle details like those below … but just remember, helping you work out the details and covering all the choices for your wedding day is a Storybright specialty. We are here to help you with these details, because want your day to be 100% stress-free!
- Some Airbnbs accommodate weddings while others do not. If it does not indicate on the booking whether you can have your wedding there, we will help you with tips on how to message the owner for permission. We’ve been able to book many places for our couples that were originally indicated as “no events allowed.”
- Decide on the number of guests in attendance. Knowing how many people will be attending the wedding is super important so you can book the right size rental home. Typically, you don’t want to book a place which accommodates less than your intended number of guests, or you could run afoul with the rental property policies. Sometimes properties will allow more than the stated occupancy, but it’s important to get this in writing!
- Think about the spaces you’ll need for everyone staying. Some Airbnbs are large enough for family members to stay together, while others are not. You might have to reserve multiple Airbnbs close together for the whole group to stay near one another (this is generally our recommendation!). Be careful with properties that seem to have a drastic difference between number of bedrooms and occupancy (for example, do not expect a 3 BR home to have space for 15 to be comfortable for a stay).
- Planning a reception? Think about space for the caterer / private chef. If you want to have a reception for your guests, you need to ensure the kitchen can accommodate catering and if the cooking facilities are large enough for preparation and reheating; or with a private chef there will need to be enough space for them to do their work. We can help you with this from our experience with caterers & private chefs at rental homes!
- When you book a large Airbnb with multiple spaces/rooms, it gives you versatility on your wedding day. For example – guys and gals getting ready on separate floors of the house; have your first look in the privacy of a courtyard; ceremony on an expansive deck overlooking the ocean; photos together on the beach; and reception back inside in a huge great room! Just one example of the experiences we’ve helped to plan.
- Rent tables, dinnerware, and other items to personalize the day. If you want to have dinner on the lawn for your guests, plan to rent and have delivered what you need. Along with the private chef or catering, having everything you need to be delivered and set up needs to be part of the plan. All of this needs to be cleared with the host first. Of course we can help you with all these details!
- Consider renting the Airbnb over weekdays, or for longer to get the best rates. Depending on the season, weekdays are usually less expensive, and staying three nights or more may get you a discount. Be sure to account for the home rental into your wedding budget!
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Is an Airbnb wedding right for you?
As you think through how you want your wedding to look and the type of experience you want to have, here are some tips to help decide if an Airbnb wedding venue in Florida is right for you.
How many will be in attendance? I know we’ve mentioned this before, but it’s a crucial part of the decision to see if an Airbnb wedding venue is a good match. If you think you want to invite fifty or more people to your wedding, you should probably stick to a traditional wedding venue. Some Airbnb properties will allow more because they have access to a larger event space, but generally an Airbnb is more suitable for hosting immediate family and a few close friends.
You will need a someone to coordinate your wedding day … are you willing to be the point person or hire a pro to help? Unless you hire a wedding coordinator in the area where you rent the Airbnb, you will end up having to manage the day and coordinate guests for your wedding day. Of course, if you work with us then we take this task off of your shoulders so you can relax and enjoy your day!
Is your budget a good match for an Airbnb wedding venue? While an Airbnb wedding venue can be significant savings over a traditional venue, booking a large home will still be a significant expense. If budget doesn’t allow for renting a big home, we would choose a smaller place to stay just for the two of you; having your ceremony at a beautiful natural space on public lands or a beach (don’t forget the permit) and then consider a private room in a restaurant for a dinner reception. We have walked many couples through wedding plans like this and are happy to help!
DIY or bring on planning and coordination help? We touched on this previously, but be very careful assuming what you can DIY. Traditional weddings generally mean having the help of a planner and coordinator along, and if you are looking at a smaller wedding to make it less stressful, you might be bringing along all that stress by trying to do things yourself. It’s a really good idea to have the right people at your side to take on those planning and coordination roles so you don’t have to worry about the details! If you’re thinking about DIY, this post might be useful: Top 10 Elopement Planning Mistakes
Remember that we are here to help you so no details are missed. We love helping you with all your planning needs, listening to your dreams and fitting them to your budget, location, and ceremony preferences. We will scout out where to take the best photos, how the sunlight touches the various parts of the property & and at what time of the day, and share all of our expertise with you on planning a wedding at an airbnb!
What is the Average Cost of an Airbnb Wedding?
Ultimately, an Airbnb wedding can cost any amount that you choose. However, the average cost of an Airbnb or VRBO wedding venue can cost anywhere from $1,500-6,000 (assuming rental rates for 2-3 nights). The average Florida wedding costs more than $30,000. Hence, an Airbnb wedding is a significant saving. Why not opt to have an intimate wedding that feels just right for you instead of going to a big traditional venue?
Are you interested in this type of wedding venue? Yes? Then, check out the locations below!
How to Find Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida
This is where we going to offer y’all some straight talk. We’ve listed out a lot of things to think about, but to find the right Airbnb wedding venue in Florida it really comes down to two choices:
- Do-it-yourself. Consider … do you want to spend forever online researching for the right Airbnb to match your needs? Airbnb isn’t the only platform to find a place to stay; VRBO and Booking(dot)com are sources too. And researching is only part of your wedding planning, so if you’re already feeling stressed about planning for your day, we’d highly recommend getting help!
- Personalized, concierge-level planning. Having an experienced elopement planner + photographer like us at your side is the easiest path forward to finding the right place. We know all the ins and outs, having planned many Airbnb weddings. We take your needs and wants and embark on the search for you, so you don’t have to. Then you’ll know you have an expert eye on whether a property is a good match for your day (and for photography too!) and can rest easy.
A Selection of Locations for Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | By region
Availability of Airbnbs changes all the time, as well as ownership too! Little known fact: when ownership changes the Airbnb listing disappears and a new one has to be created. So please let us know if any of these links don’t work!
Also there are so many options to choose from and everyone’s needs are different, so we definitely recommend working with an expert (us!) who has planned an Airbnb wedding before to help with shopping and finding the right place!
Having said that, here are a few beautiful spots that we love!!
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Northeast
Sea Pearl Beachhouse
Near St. Augustine, this home a one-of-a-kind venue with a private beach, dance floor & 2-story beach house. You are literally right on the beach with your own private venue!
1920 Carriage House on Riverfront Estate
Near Jacksonville, in Green Cove Springs on the St John’s River! This beautiful home has been renovated and is situated on 6 acres of riverfront.
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Panhandle / Northwest
Laurel Hill Farm
North of Destin, this 38 acre equestrian farm is also a wedding/event venue. It’s a beautiful designer farmhouse only an hour away from the white sand beaches of Destin!
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Central
Lake Lucy Estate
In the Orlando area, this historic lakeside estate brings back the era of the 1920s. Situated on 3 acres this 4800 sq ft home has meticulously restored architecture and hand-picked furnishings.
Formosa Grand Mansion
Southeast of Orlando near Disney, this is a 9 bedroom, 10 bath custom luxury lakefront pool villa! It’s a gorgeous estate, with marble throughout—perfect for an intimate wedding.
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Central West
My Private Beach
Near Tampa, this home boasts private beach access in a secluded, tropical setting. Perfect for a small backyard wedding, if you envisioned being right on the beach!
3 Palms Retreat | Beachfront Retreat
In Indian Rocks Beach near Clearwater, this is an amazing Oceanfront retreat with private beach access. Gorgeous sunsets and natural beach setting for an intimate wedding or elopement!
Sunset Beach | Treasure Island
Located on Treasure Island, the entire property was recently renovated and reimagined as Treasure Island’s only truly boutique experience. The yard has plenty of shade and privacy, and right next to the beach with gorgeous sunsets!
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Central East
Oceanfront Beach Villa on Daytona Beach Shores
Just like the name says, this oceanfront villa is right on the beach in Daytona Beach. The back deck is the perfect private setting for a small wedding and the beach is just steps away!
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Southwest
River House Retreat
Near Ft Myers, this beautiful property is on 5 acres of a country setting with stunning views of the Caloosahatchee River!
Sea Palms Captiva Island
On Captiva Island near Cape Coral & Ft. Myers, Sea Palms Estate is an amazing Luxury and Ocean Front property that sleeps 30 with beach front pool and spa!
Grace River Island | Private Tropical Sunsets
Located near Ft. Myers on the Caloosahatchee River, Grace River Island is a quiet family friendly vacation home on the Caloosahatchee River in Fort Myers accessible via a land bridge. It accommodates 20 and is a beautiful private setting for a small wedding!
Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida | Southeast
In between Homestead and Miami, Casa Tranquila Miami is a beautiful property in approx. 10 acres of natural wonder in South Florida, away from the hustle and bustle of the city!
The Modern Castle
Waterfront property in Ft. Lauderdale; the Modern Castle can accommodate 16 adults and 4 children, and is truly an majestic home to experience!
El Ensueño | Quiet Paradise in the City
In horse country near Miami, this large home is a farm stay with space for private parties and weddings!
5 Palms Waterfront Villa
In the quiet neighborhood of Biscayne park just north of downtown Miami, this unique resort style property features an amazing pool and sunset views over the water too!
Located in West Palm Beach, this 5000 sq ft home on 4 acres is a beautiful setting for a small wedding!
Ready to plan your wedding at one of the many Airbnb Wedding Venues in Florida?
You may have looked over all these options for places to rent and are thinking about all the details to handle – and are realizing that you need help putting it all together. We are here to help! Reach out to us today and we’d love to chat with you about all the ins and outs of having your wedding at a beautiful Airbnb or VRBO.